Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Waxcast Episode 2: Homage to Reggae Revolution



This Episode pays homage to Reggae Revolution, The KNAC years 1982-85. Roberto Angotti hosted the show every Sunday on 105.5, the show helped put alot of artists on the map and was very influential to alot of its listeners including members of Sublime and No Doubt. So I dug up tons of old chunes I remember hearing on the show, hunted down some rare vinly records, mainly 12" singles from Jamaica. Your input is welcome, I hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I remember Listening to his Show. Never missed any of them. Reception sometimes Sucked 'Cause I lived in Sun Valley,Ca. Close to Burbank Airport.
    But yes, I Loved listening . That's when I started to really get into the Music and Discovered my Love for Reggae. And you don't need to Smoke
    the Herb to feel the Riddims..... The music Speaks for itself. You do get a Natural High !!!! Although, I did find out why Roberto stopped playing his Show
    only to be told he past away...... Sadly, I feel like I lost a Friend.
    So, if you know how he died, let me know....

    Reggaeman Forever !

    ReplyDelete